CFP: The Environments of the Health Humanities: Inquiry and Practice
Just a reminder that the call for abstracts for the 2019 Health Humanities Consortium Meeting in Chicago is now open.
- You can learn about the conference at our website: https://healthhumanitiesconsortium.com/conferences-2/2019-chicago/
- Our hotel blocks are also open and available
- We are still a bit shy of making our crowdfunding goal. Will you consider donating?
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Environments of the Health Humanities: Inquiry and Practice
The 2019 International Health Humanities Conference will be held at DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois, from March 28-30. This multi-disciplinary and inter-professional conference will bring together scholars, educators, artist, and healers to explore the many and varied environments of health humanities scholarship and education.
How do we imagine, define, experience, and contour the social, cultural, physical, and emotional environments we occupy and move through?We invite responses to and further articulations of this focalizing question in various formats: formal papers (20 minutes long), panels (75 minutes long; 15 minutes for Q and A should be factored into the proposal), posters, and flash presentations (5-minute presentations in which a speaker describes an area of research). We encourage submissions from related disciplines such as health humanities, medical humanities, narrative medicine, literature and medicine, age studies, disability studies, deaf studies, gender studies, fat studies, queer theory, ethnicity and race studies, feminist science studies, cultural and media studies, popular culture, and queer and feminist bioethics, and sexuality studies.
Topics might include but are not limited to:
- borders, boundaries, and/or frontiers
- political or ecological environments
- accessibility in clinical, social, and educational spaces
- the body as environment
- the relationship between public and private space
- (un)natural spaces or environments
- physical, social, and emotional environments
- classrooms and exam rooms
Send abstracts (250 words long for papers; 150 words for posters and flash presentations; 500 words for panel proposals) using the attached form (also available on the website) to: (email@example.com) by September 30th.